Well the strange un-holiday that is Christmas is now kind of over and I can start to think about focusing on next year’s projects. I hope to focus much more on the development of this blog by posting much more regularly as well as revisiting some of the projects that I have hinted at over the last year.
I quickly made a list of all the game systems that I have miniatures for, and that need to get painted up:
- 6mm Napoleonic – for ebay and commissions
- Dystopian wars – Boxes of the stuff
- Firestorm Armada – Mostly Terran Alliance but also some Directorate, Aquan and others
- Star Wars Armada – I like the look of the rules (and the models) but want to use this in conjunction with Firestorm Armada – so lots of ships at a fraction of the price!
- Frostgrave – I Intend to use my store of Rackham Controntation miniatures to make some warbands, in particular Goblin (No Dan Kar Samurai), Dwarf and Human with a bunch of cool creatures.
- 7TV – A few starter sets and I just love the concept
- 10mm Fantasy – Dwarf, Ork & Goblin and Empire
This is the result of years of collecting and hoarding so, lots to do and I really want to get a variety of work on the go. On of the hopes for nest year is to get to Salute, I’ve never been to one of the big miniatures shows so it’s quite an exciting prospect. Also, having never been a gamer I might try and get involved in a club and find out what all the fuss is about!
Anyhow, in order to present evidence of some activity here are some WIP Australians:
There will be a number of panels that won’t match with a uniform scheme across the whole fleet. This is supposed to represent emergency repairs with armour plate from the vessels of vanquished foes, hopefully it’ll work out!
In other news, the Star Wars film was fantastic and I would second the many reviews that sung it’s praises. Fantastic fun and if you haven’t seen it then do! (preferably in an Everyman Cinema with a glass of wine…. nice).
Thanks for looking and there’ll be more soon.